Perhaps you’ve heard of crystals for healing, but have you heard of them being used for meditation? While this may seem a bit strange and “out there”, there are many reasons why crystals can benefit meditation and help you to dive deeper and reap the benefits of meditation. But how?
Crystals have been in healing for thousands of years. They have also been used in meditation for just as long. Some studies have concluded that the effects of crystals are all placebo effects, yet there are other studies on the healing effects of placebos. Of course, there are many enthusiasts who truly believe in the healing effects that crystals possess, and really there isn’t much evidence at all either way - more than likely because of the stigma associated with it.
If you are curious about the benefits of using crystals in meditation and which is the best crystal for meditation, then you are in luck. This article is going to take you through why you should use crystals for meditation, how to choose the right crystals, what crystals can be used for meditation, as well as steps, tips, and tools to using these crystals.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at how crystals can benefit your meditation, the best crystal for meditation, and everything in between. Let’s get started.
Why Use Crystals For Meditation?
Whether you are someone who meditates every single day, or are just getting into meditation and are wondering where to begin, crystals can be very beneficial to include in your practice. While you should absolutely make your meditation practice your own, adding some crystals in might help you in many ways.
As you probably know, certain crystals hold properties that can help with healing the mind and body and bringing health and wellness to those who possess them. In the same way, crystals can truly be an excellent tool to use in meditation practices. Each crystal has its own properties and qualities that are specific to certain aspects of life, health, and wellness, and there are several crystals that are great for meditation. But why should you use crystals during meditation?
Here, we will take a look at some of the numerous ways that crystals can be beneficial in meditation:
There are so many reasons why crystals can enhance your meditation practice and we’ve just barely scratched the surface here. However, with just these reasons alone, you might be interested in trying it out yourself. But how do you know which crystal to use?
How To Choose Crystals For Meditation
While you now know the benefits of using crystals in your meditation, choosing which crystal to use may be a bit of a daunting task. How do you choose the right crystal for your meditation? Are there certain crystals that are better for meditation than others? How can you narrow it down?
Well, the answer is really quite simple: be clear on your goal. If you are looking to incorporate crystals into your meditation, then the best way to know which crystals to use is to know what your end goal is. What is it that you are trying to bring in? For example, if you are looking to call more abundance into your life, then you may decide to use Aventurine or Tiger’s Eye. Once you have gotten clear on what it is that you want to call in during your meditation, then you can choose your crystal accordingly.
After you have more experience using crystals, then you may begin to let the crystals choose you. If you are purchasing new crystals, perhaps you can close your eyes and ask yourself “Which crystal calls to me?” or “Which crystal can help me with ____?” The crystal you feel most drawn to or attracted to may be just the crystal you need for meditation.
What Crystals Are Best For Meditation?
Let’s take a look at some of the best crystals for enhancing your meditation practice.
There are so many other crystals that are wonderful for meditation. Again, if you want to know which ones to choose, consider what your goal is and go from there.
Steps To Meditate With Crystals
Once you have chosen the best crystal for your meditation, the next step is to actually use it. Let’s take a look at how to use them during meditation.
- Begin by clearing your crystals’ energy. This can be done by burning sage or palo santo around your crystals, or by soaking them in salt water overnight.
- Place your crystal near you, hold it in your hand, or place it on a particular chakra while lying down.
- Begin your meditation as you regularly would, but channeling your energy toward the crystal.
- Allow the crystal to do its work. Go on with your meditation as you normally do. Your energy will bind to the crystal and then, if you later come back to the crystal or carry it with you throughout your day, it will bring you back to the state of mind you were in during your meditation.
- If you are looking for a certain outcome or have a goal in mind, then set your intention with your crystal and use visualization during your meditation. Focus on channeling the energy that comes from your visualization into your crystal.
Everyone has their own way of meditating, and using crystals is the same. There is no right or wrong way to use crystals in your meditation. It is more about the energy created while using them than how exactly you use them.
Tips & Tricks When Using Crystals For Meditation
If you are wanting to try using crystals in your meditation, then here are some tips & tricks to help you:
- Use a clear quartz with any other crystals during meditation to enhance the effects of the other crystal.
- Try placing the crystals on your chakras during meditation. For example, if you are wanting to manifest better communication, then try placing aquamarine over your throat chakra.
- If you can’t “feel” the energy from your crystal, try cleansing it with any of the above mentioned methods.
- If you aren’t sure what type of crystal to use for meditation, using just a clear quartz can help balance your chakras and create peace and calm.
- Believe in their healing properties. If you use crystals in your meditation, you have to believe that they will bring you the outcome you are looking for, or they won’t.
What Crystal Shape Can You Use?
Crystals come in all shapes and sizes. That being said, there are several different types that can be used for meditation. For example, the mala necklace comes with 108 crystals and is typically used for affirmations and meditation. Mala necklaces are used to repeat an affirmation 108 times during meditation and are helpful in focus and concentration.
Another type of crystal that can be used is a crystal tower. These are great for setting up an altar or a space where you can clear your mind and focus on your meditation. They can also be held during meditation, in order to transfer energies.
Of course, smaller, naturally shaped crystals are just as effective and can be used during meditation as well. Either held, placed upon different chakras, or set up in a sacred altar space.
Grab your crystals, find a nice, quiet place, and get meditating!
Photo credit : EnergyMuse